National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week
|This week is National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week! We love rescuing animals and know the joy of bringing one home. Here are some facts about shelters provided by the Humane Society of the United States.
There are approximately <strong>3,500 animal shelters in the US, and they serve the estimated 6–8 million homeless animals each year. Sadly, only about half are adopted.
The majority of American households include pets, but fewer than 20% of them were adopted from shelters. This week is a great opportunity to discover how to help your community and your local shelter. Here are some super ways to get involved!
• Find your local shelter on social media and support them with some likes and shares.
• Volunteer and reap the rewards of spending your time with fluffy friends.
• Your local shelter knows how to make you a great pet owner. Spaying and neutering your pets is just one crucial step. Ask them about other ways to love your pets!
• Donate materials. Shelters always need towels, toys, and other items.
• And of course, you can always adopt your next pet from a shelter!